Monday, August 3, 2015

Closing Words

Hey everyone! As we end the first blog and begin a new one, here is a re-post from our last day.
Thank you all again for your participation in this course. I encourage you all to continue opening up your presentation skills in order that you may follow through with your Right to Speak, Right to Tell, and Right to Be Heard.

That means
  • bringing your full self and size onto the stage
  • giving your voice full breath
  • allowing your natural playfulness
  • picking up the pace and connecting thoughts into longer phrases
  • earning the silence
  • allowing the listener to feel
  • turning off the "wind tunnel"
  • filling your voice through the end of your words
  • using the sounds of words to their fullest effect
  • observing and attending to your listeners
  • telling in the spirit of discovery. 

Every one of you has something to say that I benefit from, that I want to hear. Continue telling in the spirit of Giving.

In consideration of our final conversation, you may be interested in some thoughts I put into an article a number of years back for Storytelling World. You will recognize some of the quotes and references I used in class. Perhaps this will help in your own consideration of what it means to be a storyteller in the world today.
http://novateller.com/images/Downloads/The%20Scattered%20Brain.pdf

Finally, please consider my doors open to any concerns you may have. I will do my best to be a resource for you as you grow in our community of storytellers.

At your service,
David

No comments:

Post a Comment